petak, 18. ožujka 2016.

Trying On The Wig & Final Look For My Advert

As I said in my previous post today I tried the wig on Beth and restyled it. 
She has the tiniest head, but the biggest hair. I tied her hair into a low pony tail, trying to get the top of her head as smooth as possible, and she wrapped a scarf to flatten it even more. Regardless, there was a massive bump on her head which made it almost impossible for the wig to be placed and fitted properly. This will not be an issue when I do my shoot as she is taking the extensions out this weekend. 

Never the less, I could still get the idea of what the wig will look like when I put it on properly. 





Trying the wig on my model


But yes, as I said, I wasn't 100% sure on the plaits so I took them out to explore other possibilities and designs that I had in mind. 

I undid the fish tail plait that was coming from the left side (right in photos), but kept the one that was on the right and the plait that was coming from the back. To summarize, I had a french and a normal plait and two non plaited sections. 

I decided to go for the basket-like effect and start weaving the two plaits in. I used a pin which I attached to the elastic band at the end of the plaits and I used it to pull them though the hybrid braid, layering them on top of it. 


two plaits weaved in
two plaits weaved in

I had two more sections left. I had three ideas in mind; to plait them and add like the other two plaits, to weave them in as just two plain sections or not to weave it but simply wrap to hide the gaps. I decided to go with the second option because there were quite a few gaps to cover up and plaits would be too thin for that. I won't have the entire wig showing in my final images, close-up only, so they won't show anyway. 

first section (third layer) weaved in
first section (third layer) weaved in
first section (third layer) weaved in

Once I added the last section, I hairsprayed the wig all the way around to secure everything and this is the final look: 




Final look (all images above)
(created on: Mar 18 2016)

It wasn't hard to weave the sections and plaits into the braid and I actually really enjoyed it. I really like wigs and styling them and to get to this final look I spent three sessions in the studio, and I was there for about 3 hours every time. After our Advanced Braiding class I fell in love with plaits and braids - now when I know how to do the more complex ones, too. I am 110% happy with my final look, and I loved the process of experimenting and everything I've done to get to the point where I am now. 

I chose this look because it has movement and a lot of texture. It  looks a bit messy and there are a couple of stray hairs here and there but I prefer it a lot more because it looks more real and natural. This wig is made out of real hair, therefore the hairstyles you create on it look just as if you did them on a model's head. NARS is a band that promotes the natural, yet 'stand out' and 'express yourself' look, and that is exactly what I did. Of course, it is not the kind of look you would wear on an every day basis; it looks complex, but it is actually very simple to create once you break it down into sections and steps like I did above.

I want to include two images with braids - in the first image the hair is synthetic. You can tell synthetic hair from real from a distance - it is a lot more shiny and has less texture. It allows us to create a lot smoother looking, slicked braids and plaits. However, to me, real hair and its texture, which in comparison to synthetic hair has a matte finish, looks a lot better. 
Depending on what the images turn out, I will get rid of some hair in post production, but definitely not all of it because it could end up looking unnatural.

The wig is honey blonde and my model is black which makes the perfect contrast - I would never put a platinum blonde wig on her, looks too unnatural.  Nars likes to use models that are different and have something special and interesting about their look. Beth loves to wear wigs and extentions and they suit her so well and she makes them look so natural. Obviously, she is not the only one; many black women wear weaves, hair extentions and wigs as their hair is very fragile and prone to breakage which makes it harder to grow out. 
Even in the images the wig won't look as blonde as it actually is, as I will be shoothing in photo booths with a beauty dish and create quite harsh shadows on and around her face. 

We will be shooting next wednesday as that is when she will be avaliable. Excited to see what the wig looks like on her when it is properly fitted. 




Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar