četvrtak, 3. ožujka 2016.

Creating A Look | Make up Practical

In the last lesson with Fenella we had to choose an image from a magazine which we used as inspiration for our look. 
I went for a glossy eye look. I wanted to experiment with different products as I will most likely be creating a glossy eye in my assessment (catwalk look). 

I used this image below that I found in the pile that Fenella brought for us and an image of Adriana Lima from Marc Jacobs SS16 fashion show for which Francois Nars designed the make up looks. 
The look I was doing for was a smokey and glossy eye make up, but I wanted it to be uneven and slightly messy as I've seen quite a few uneven make up looks on the catwalk this season.

Glossy makeup
Image I was given in the lesson
NARS Backstage - Adriana Lima - Marc Jacobs Spring 2016 Backstage Beauty #nyfw:
NARS Backstage
Adriana Lima
Marc Jacobs Show at NY Fashion Week
SS16
(source: https://uk.pinterest.com/FWMStyle/pins/
Accessed: Feb 1 2016)

Since I have never created a glossy lid I wanted to experiment with different products to see what will give me the best results.

Products used:

Moisturiser: Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Body Shop)
Primer: Primed & Ready Illuminating Primer (Collection)
Foundation: 150 Buff Chamois (Revlon Colorstay)
Concealer: Lasting Perfection 01 (Collection)
Highlight: Hypnotic Strobe Balm (Makeup Revolution)
Eyes: I Wont Be Alone (Collection), Mixing Medium (MAC) + Shine - Lip Mix (MAC)
Brows: Medium to Dark Ultra Brow palette - lightest + second to lightest powder shade (Makeup Revolution)
Lips: Carmex LC010 (Kryolan)


I Wont Be Alone 
Mono Eyeshadow
Collection


As per usual, I started by applying moisturiser to my model's skin, waited 5 minutes, applied the primer and waited for 2-3 minutes for everything to set and sink into the skin. I also put some Carmex on her lips.

Then I applyed the foundation with a brush and used my hands and fingers and masaged the foundation into the skin. I also put a tiny bit of moisturiser and applied it on her forehead and around the nose as her skin was very dry as I was buffing the foundation. Also, I didn't apply any foundation on the eyelids as I didn't want it to possibly ruin the eye make up.
Next I applied concealer on a few blemishes that she had. No powder, as it would accentuate the places where her skin is dry. 

Next I used my fingers to apply the strobe balm on her cheekbones, above and on the brow bone, down the nose, cupids bow and chin.

After appling the base
After appling the base

Using powders from my brow palette I applied the product to her brows with an angled brush. I always try but I just can't shape her brows nicely. 

For the eyes, first I used my brush to apply the eyeshadow on its own, to create a base for the rest of the products. Then I mixed the shadow with the Mixing Medium (MAC) and applied it all over her lid - focusing on the outer corners. I like the intenisty that the medium gives to the eyeshadow, but it dries quite quickly so it makes it hard to move the product around. However, if you add more, or any other wet product you can blend it again, until it dries again.
Then I took the shine lip mix (MAC) and, using a clean brush, applied it all over the eyelids, focusing on the middle. But it did make the eyeshadow underneath move and the brush picked up the product as you can see on the right (left) eye.

I left the eyes as they were and applied a tiny bit of red lipstick on her lips. Then I added more Carmex and used a tissue to blot the excess. I wanted her lips to look as if the lipstick came off ages ago, but there is still a hint of the colour that she had. 

At the end I went back in with more gloss on her lids to add even more shine. 

Eyes with 1 layer of gloss
Eyes with 2 layers of gloss
Final look
Final look
Final look
Model: Rachel Stonock
Close up of the eye
Close up of the eye
Look created on: Mar 2 2016


Not very happy with the final outcome, but this was a good experiment to see how both Mixing Medium and Lip Mix in shine act when mixed with eyeshadow and applied on the lids. I will try using the shine once again when I practice the make up for my assessment. I'm thinking of having eyeshadow only above the crease and the gloss on the actual eye lid. I will also apply foundation underneath to see how that works. 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar