subota, 12. ožujka 2016.

Styling The Wig For My Advert | 1

I went to the studio on Thursday to pin and style the wig that I will use for my adverts. 

The wig I am using belongs to the university. It is a lace front honey blonde wig made out of real hair. Lottie gave me the permission to use it and I wanted it because the hair is quite long and is perfect for the hairstyle that I want to create. 

I started by pinning down the wig the way Helen showed us last semester, then applied the hair serum and brushed it out. The serum helped detangling the hair and gave it shine. 


Wig before pinning
Pinned wig


After I've brushed it backwards I took a section from above the ears and started plaiting a normal plait. Then, sort of like a frech braid I started taking hair in and incorporating it in. 

As you can see in the images below, the sections in the first braid were too far apart and you would definitely be able to see the face and eyes through it. It looked more like a cage, but I want it to completely hide the forehead and eyes.

1st attempt
1st attempt
1st attempt

Since the first attempt failed I decided to redo the braid and use thicker sections. However, the gaps were still there. 

2nd attempt
2nd attempt
2nd attempt
2nd attempt

I started again. This time I took a lot more hair and I didn't get the gaps, but the braid went down in a really harsh angle and it would cover more than half of my model's face. Since I couldn't fix it I tried to do it again but having the braid not going so low.

3rd attempt
3rd attempt

The angle of the next braid was just how I wanted it to be but since I was focusing more on than that and not the sections, it was really messy and I didn't like it. The gaps were still there, too.

4th attempt
4th attempt
4th attempt
4th attempt
4th attempt
(All looks created: Mar 11 2016)

I wasn't happy with the resuilts I was getting and neither Helen or Lottie were around anymore to help me, so I decided to leave it as it is and then ask Lottie in our lesson next week to help me. Yesterday, while I was doing work expirience with Helen, she said to try to tie the sections with the invisible thread, so that could be one way of doing it. I realized that the stronger the angle the less gaps I get (3rd attempt) but then again, I don't want the wig to go down too low. 
I will look for videos on Youtube and see if there is anything on there that could be helpful (there should be) and then I will talk to Lottie next week and try to do it. I want to do my advert shoot before we break for Easter so hopefully I will manage to get the hairstyle I want next week.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar