četvrtak, 17. ožujka 2016.

Styling The Wig For My Advert | 2

I asked Lottie for advice on how to avoid the gaps that I was getting, or how to hide them and she said that the easiest thing I could do is to add sections to the braid by weaving them in. 

I thought that would be the best thing to do, otherwise I will be redoing the braid over and over again and never be happy with it. 
However, in order to start weaving, I had to create a neater braid than I last did. I started from above the ear and braided all the wair around. I tried to add bigger sections to make the gaps as small as possible. 




first attempt (all images above)

I didn't like it as it wasn't very neat and the sections were coming in from different sides so I tried once more, with smaller sections. 
I was very happy with the right (left in photos) side of the braid. Usually I would plait a normal plait and add sections on one side, but this time the hair that was close to the scalp on the side I braided into a dutch braid. Then, when I reached the forehead area, I continued braiding as normal.  





second attempt (all images above)

The gaps were there, so I was thinking of ways to add hair to the braid and cover the gaps. I thought it might be cool if, insead of just waving in sections, I could add braids. The braids will give it a more unique look and I wanted to be really creative with this hairstyle. 

Taking the section from below the crown area, I plaited a normal braid and added it into the braid. 

But being a perfectionist that I am, I thought that braid was too messy, and, the more I move and stretch it when adding braids, the messier it will get. 
Soooo I decided to start AGAIN. 



Adding a plait.

Third time lucky - finally got the braid that I was happy with. It isn't as neat above the ear, where it starts, as the one above, but the rest I really liked. This one has a slightly different look to the one above as that one was a hybrid dutch braid. I was adding hair to the inner section that was going under the braid (if that makes sense), but when I was braiding this one, I was adding hair to both inner and outter section, which resulted in having smaller gaps and more hair.

 My initial idea was to add normal plaits (like the one above) and hide all the gaps, but then I thought, why not mix it up a bit and add fish tail braids, too, and have them going in different directions.



Third and final attempt (all images above)

First I added a little fishtail/ normal plait doing from above the ear, diagonally to the other side, where the braid starts (image 1). 
Then I used the plait that I created above and added it do the braid (image 2). I was playing around and placing one braid on top of the other and trying to see what I liked best (image 3). Lastly, I added another fish tail later braid (image 4). 
I used kirby grips to secure each braid. 


Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
(image 4)

 I had one more section left that I wanted to use to cover up the side where the three braids had started as that is the side that will be in my advert mostly. That part will be above the ear, but I thought it would make the hairstyle look more put together. 
I used hairspray and my pintail comb to smooth the hair, then I simply pinned it with a bobby pin on the other side of the head.



Final look

As you will see in the final images below, the left side of the wig (right in the photos) has sections pinned and, well, I didn't try to hide the pins too much. The reason for that is that that side won't even be in the shots and I wanted to make sure that everything stays in place.

To finish off the look I hairsprayed the wig all the way around to secure it. 


Final look
Final look
(All looks created on: Mar 17 2016)

Tomorrow I will put the wig on my model, Beth, to see what it looks like and if I need to make any adjustments/ changes. 
I do like what I created and how it has a lot of movement and stuff going on - it makes it more interesting, but I think that I might try something else tomorrow. The reason why I want to redo it is because I will have a lot of close-ups which means that the entire wig won't be in shot. I want to add more texture closer to the braid and face and maybe have one bigger fishtail plait on to of the braid. I am very indecisive right now, I will to go back and give the hairstyle another go.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar