nedjelja, 27. ožujka 2016.

Editorial Look | Practice

Last night I practiced this look on one of my models, Gabby. She will be my catwalk model but I wanted to practice one of my editorial ides as I haven't had much practice with it. The lighting was pretty bad as it was the evenng, so we used the torch on her phone and moved in different angles to try and capture the make up for what it really looked like. 

I also did her hair, but actually not for this look, I did it for her work and I practiced this look when she got home from work, but it goes well with the make up. The colour of her shirt also goes well with the SS16 inspired look. She looks very 90's actually when you look at the overall look.

The products used: 

Primer: Primed & Ready Illuminating Primer (Collection)
Foundation: 125 Natural Rose (L'loreal Infallible) + Vaseline
Bronzer: Instant Glow Cream Bronzer (Seventeen)
Highlight: Hypnotic Strobe Balm (Revolution) + White Pigment
Eyes: Happily Ever After, Daphne Grand Duke + Fairy Godmother (Enchanted Forest eyeshadow palette -Sleek) + clear gloss (Maybelline)
Lashes: The Falses Push Up Drama (Maybelline)
Brows: Vaseline
Lips: 01 Minty Sheer (Maybelline Colorsensational lipgloss)


I primed her face and applied a little bit of foundation to even out her complextion. I also added a tiny bit of Vaseline while I was bleding the base with my beauty blender and fingers as I wanted to make her skin nice and glowing.. Then, with my ring finger I applied the cream bronzer first, then the strobe balm, and blended both, and added the whine pigment on the high points of her face, focusing on the cheeks.

Then I applied some Vaselline all over her brows and brushed them with a spoolie to get rid of any excess product and to shape them. I used Vaseline because I want to achieve shiny, almost wet looks.
Next I took the blue shimmery colour from my Sleek palette -  Happily Ever After, and applied it all over the lids. I applied more product on the centre and blended it outwards. Then I added a bit of a darker shade (Daphne) to the outer corner and a baby pink (Fairy Godmother) to the inner, and blended everything with the same brush I used to apply and blend the lighter colour. White pigment was applied with a tiny brush to her tear duct area. On her bottom lash line I applied the pink tone in the inner part and the blue colour I used as a base in the ea
A single coat of mascara on top of bottom lashes and some clear lip gloss completed the evening look.

Evening editorial - without mascara
Evening editorial - without mascara
Evening editorial
Final look
Evening editorial
Final look

It is weird to me to be changing the look from evening to day, and it confuses me at times, even though it is all my desing and concept. The day look is wet, 'just god out of the ocean', therefore the eyeshadow is more opaque (not that the one above wasn't), metalic and the lashes are clumpier and brows messier.

I added a blue/purple shade Grand Duke, using an angled brush, across her lower lash line, and took it slightly upwards, sort of like flicked cat eye. Then I added the white pigment on her brow bone and, to her tear duct are again, but with a wet brush. Finally, I applied clear gloss on the centre of her eye lids and added a couple layers of mascara on her top lashes to make them clumpier.









Final day look (all images above)
(created on: Mar 26 2016)

I absolutely love this eyeshadow palette and the shades I used. However, I did put a bit too much in my evening look (the first one I did). The lighting wasn't good and I didn't see properly until I turned the torch on. Next time I create the look I will focus on applying the product on the centre of the lid only, then blend it with a clean fluffy brush. I may add a pink toned lip gloss, too. I may also add eyeliner, but I quite like how everything looks without it. Maybe I should try using the darkest shade I used, Grand Duke, across the top lash line, too. 
The hair for the day look with be wet, and for the evening in a low pony tail / braid - don't have final looks yet. I don't want to do dutch braids again because I did them for my catwalk. 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar