nedjelja, 20. ožujka 2016.

Editorial Looks | Eye Charts (On My Hand)

When I create face charts I find it really hard to create looks with shimmers and gloss as they don't come out well on paper. I remembered how Jamie said in her presentation that Ellis Faas a couple of face charts on her legs for the project titled "Snow". As the description on the Ellis Faas website says Snow is their in-house "model". And "she" was their model that they used to create many different make up looks with the brand's products to show that they are suitable for different types of shoots and looks. Here are some of them that are my personal favourite: 


snow9 illustration

snow6 illustration

snow16 illustration

snow18 illustration

snow13 illustration
SNOW
make up looks 
Ellis Faas website
(source: http://www.ellisfaas.com/brand/snow/
Accessed: Mar 19 2016)

 This is such a clever way of creating make up looks because the colour of the skin and texture is the closest to our faces. I think that this is such an interesting, creative and different way of creating make up looks, so I decided to give it a go myself, but on my hand. The hollow between the thumb and index finger is perfect to use as the crease of the eye, whereas the bone of the thumb I used as the eyelid. I pretended to create looks of what the eye make up would be if the eyes were closed. 

I used a couple of products that I have that I thought were most shimmery and I stuck to the blue, purple, pink, silver and gold hues. There are a couple of colours that I kept going back to, as you will notice. Because I was applying shadows and taking them one after another I found it hard to remember the products I used so I wrote them down and took a photo of the look and the list of products that I used. 

As I said in the post where I talked about all the shells that inspired me, in a way I tried to create my version of Abalone shells which are very colourful, irridecent and metalic and I absolutely love them!
Some looks are only day, some are night and others are a mixture of both. Most of them I expanded or changed from night to day by adding more and more products to them. The shimmery looks, slightly metalicky (the ones I would start the look with) are the ones I would use for my night look, and the more metalic looks with a lot of shine and gloss I will use for my day look. Some have black eye liner, some don't, but most likely I will use it for the evening looks, not sure about the day ones yet.


I will not put products that I used for each look as I've already done that on the paper but here is the list of all the products I used to create all of these looks:

Perla, Prince Charming, Anastasia, Fairy Godmother, Happily Ever After, Grand Duke and Daphne (Enchanted Forrest 098 Mineral eyeshadow palette - Sleek)
Green, blue, purple, pink and silver (LaRoc 180 Eyeshadow palette)
Gold, White, Bronze, Silver pigments
Loose multi coloured glitter
Perpetua, Graphica (Illamasqua Reflection Palette)
Make It Happen (Makeup Revolution)
Pure Platinum (Awesome Metals Foil Finish - Makeup Revolution)
Hypnotic (Ultra Strobe Balm - Makeup Revolution)
Baked highlight + blush (Hot Spice Blush palette - Makeup Revolution)
11 Shake it up!, 4 Hustle (Glam Crystals Dazzling liners - Collection)
Wet Look Eyeliner (MUA)
Blacktrack (Pro Longwear Fluidline - MAC)
01 Minty Sheer (Colorsensational Luscious Lipgloss - Maybelline)


1st Eye Look

Both of these are evening looks created with gray and pink tones that have silver shimmer and reflection; Graphica (Illamasqua) added to the second one for more depth. 


Evening look 
Evening look + Graphica


2nd Eye Look

Gold and baby blue hues. 
First two images below show the evening and the second two show the day version of the look. 


Evening look
Evening look + Fairy Godmother (Sleek)
Day look + Gloss
Day look + gel liner (MAC)

3rd Eye Look

Day look; pink, purple and metalic silver.

Day look

4th Eye Look

All four images show different variations of a day look. Two types of glitter added throughtout the desing development. 

Day look
Day look + Fairy Godmother (Sleek)
Day look + loose glitter & black gel liner (MAC)
Day look + Shake it up! glitter liner (Collection)


4th Eye Look

Evening look - waaay too pink, looks like a bruise actually, but at least now I know not to use these colours (or at least not in this amount).

Evening look


5th Eye Look

Tried to use less pink this time - still too much. Both images show day looks.


Day look
Day look + Gloss


6th Eye Look

I actually think that this could be used for both day and night. I really like the green which I used as a base and then added Anastasia which is a pink-purple shade that I used in the looks above where it was too overpowering, but here it looks nice when it is applied in a reasonable amount in the outer corners. 

Day/ night look


7th Eye Look

Gold/ bronze subtle shimmery evening look.


Evening look

8th Eye Look

Similar colours as in the look above, only more opaque and metalic - day look.

Day look
Day look


9th Eye Look

This is an evening look and one of my personal favourites. It has purpe and silver shades which go together so well.

Evening look


10th Eye Look

Another way too pink look - would look better without the pink/ purpe shade that I used as a base.


Day look


12th Eye Look

Baby blue look to which l later added a bit of purple for more depth and eyeliner.

Forgot to take a photo with the product list so here it is:

Baby blue (LaRoc)
Grand Duke (Sleek)
Blacktrack (Pro Longwear Fluidline - MAC)


Evening look
Evening look + Grand Duke
Evening look + gel liner

13th Eye Look

A day version of the look I created above (12) created with similar shades but different products.

 Day look
 Day look + Happily Ever After & Pure Platinum
Day look + gloss


14th Eye Look

Evening look turned into a day look with gloss.


Day look 

Evening look + gloss


15th Eye Look

To create this look I used a baked highlight and blush from the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Blush palette. The colours weren't as dark  actually - they were less pink and more peachy but this is what the camera picked up on. 

Theres a evening look to which I later added gloss and turned it into a day 'wet' look and in the last one l added blue to create a cut crease effect but it doesn't really go with the blush. 





Here's just a swatch of a lip gloss that I might use. I think it would go nice with the pinkish toned eye make up, but just in one layer or mixed with the clear gloss just to add a tint on colour. It is by Lancome from their Gloss in Love collection in the shade 391.


Lancome Gloss in Love 391
Lancome Gloss in Love 391 + 01 Minty Sheer Colorsensational Luscious Lipgloss Maybelline


In our practical lesson with Alexa I've done one of my ideas for the day look, but the camera did not pick up on the colours properly. Therefore I will use more products, layers actually, to make the colours really opaque and that is why l went a bit overboard with the pinks in these designs. Also, I need to do a test shoot and try out different lighting and settings on the camera before my actual shoot which will be on Apr 13 - the week after our Easter Break. 

I had a lot of fun created these looks and I think this is the most realistic way of creating face (eye) charts because the canvas texture is the same. I will definitely be creating more of these next week.


Snow (n.d.) Ellis Faas Website (viewed: Mar 19 2016) Available from: http://www.ellisfaas.com/brand/snow/ 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar