subota, 13. veljače 2016.

Using Accessories To Change A Hairstyle | Technical File

This week our technical lesson was about using accessories to change a hairstyle and adapt it to different occasions. We created two very simple looks; a chignon and a structured updo then added different accessories to them.
I had bows, pears and a bandana with me and used them to decorate my looks.

Chignon

A chignon is a low bun that comes from a french word 'chignon du cou' which means nape of the neck. It is very elegant and sleek a common bridal and red carpet hairstyle, but it is also very versatile and can we worn as a every day hairstyle. The hair can be straight or curled and it can be very tight or a messy look, depending on the occasion and/or your client's preference. 

Chignon
Photo Credit: SugarLove Weddings on Polka Dot Bride
Posted by: Mary Gillen
No date
(source: http://www.bridalguide.com/blogs/fashion-beauty/choosing-the-perfect-wedding-hairstyle
Accessed: Feb 13 2016)
Chignon
Photo Credit: Sarah Postma Photography
Posted by: Mary Gillen
No date
(source: http://www.bridalguide.com/blogs/fashion-beauty/choosing-the-perfect-wedding-hairstyle
Accessed: Feb 13 2016)


After creating a middle parting, I sectioned the fringe from the rest of the hair. I will use part of it to add to the chignon and the rest will frame the face. The rest of the hair I tied in fairly low pony tail with a clear elastic band. I could've curled the hair if I wanted to give more texture to my chignon, but I kept it straight and smooth to create a more elegant look. 
Backcombing the top (inner side of the bun) I gave the hair a fuller look, also this helps with avoiding any gaps. By twisting the hair around my fingers towards the hair band (like a barrel curl) I rolled the ponytail into a bun and used grips to secure it. The elastic band I used was clear and tiny so it wasn't showing, but if it did, I could simply pin the hair under the elastic band before twisting and it would stay hidden. After I secured the hair I used pins to pin the sides to hide all the gaps and to give it more structure.
Next l twisted the fringe and wrapped and pinned it around the chignon. A few strands of her were left on the sides and I used a medium size curling tongs so slightly curl it.


Hair before styling
Sectioning the hair
Pinning the hair
Pinning the bun 
Adding the front sections to the bun
Final look (back)
Final look (side)
Final look (front)

To decorate this hairstyle I used some pears, first on the top of the head, like a head band, then around the chignon. For the second two looks I used lace bows which I pinned on top of the chignon. 

Pearl crown (front)
Pearl crown (side)
Lace bow
Lace bow
Pearls around the chignon (back)
Pearls around the chignon (side)

To change the hairstyle slightly I took out the fringe that was twisted and braided it and pinned back, again around the chignon. Make sure to tuck the ends into the bun to hide them. 
Chignon with braids (side)
Chignon with braids (back)

I also incorporated a bandana to give the hairstyle a more casual look, and suitable for every day wear. For this I took out the fringe and curled it. This hairstyle would look good with a messier chignon, too.

Chignon with the bandana (side)
Chignon with the bandana (front)
Chignon with the bandana (back)


Structured Updo

This was the second hairstyle that we created. For this look hair should be curled. Just like a chignon, it is versatile and could be used for different occasions. 

Curly And Formal Updos. Long Dark Brown Curly Hair Style Picture. Bridesmaids:
Curly structured updo
Posted by: Becky Williams 
Pinterest
2015
(source: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/491455378059967975/
Accessed: Feb 13 2016)

For this look I sectioned a larger section at the front, as well as on the sides and the nape of the neck. Those sectiones will be used to add to the updo and to fill in any gaps that I might have. After sectioning I will be left with hair at the top/crown of the head and back. I devided that section into two and tied into two pony tails which will be used as anchor points of the hairstyle. This way the hair will stay up all day and it won't be dragged down by its weight. It is also good to add some dry shampoo to the roots, to give the hair a bit more volume and grip.


Sectioning the hair
Two pony tails

After I've sectioned everything I used a medium sized curling tongs and started curling and pinning the hair. Each section was backcombed at the roots before it was pinned. First I curled and pinned the ponytails (three sections in each) then added the hair that was on the sides, front and back. It is all about positioning and placing the curls, slowly building the haristyle. Curvy grips are best to use for pinning. 
Once everything is up and pinned, you could add the fringe to the updo, or leave them down to frame the face - I did both.

Curling the hair
Curling the hair
Pinning the hair
Final look with the fringe down (side)
Final look with the fringe down (back)
Final look with the fringe down (front)
Final look with the fringe up (side)
Final look with the fringe up (front)
Final look with the fringe down (front)

To change the look from a elegant (prom, wedding, red carpet) hairstyle to a more casual one I used pears and the red bandana.

Elegant look with pearls
Casual (50's) look with  the bandana
(all looks created on: Feb 10 2016)

It is amazing how really quick and easy hairstyles can be so effective and versatile at the same time, you can dress it up or dress it down. It is really about what you use to decorate the hairstyle from pearls and gems for a evening look to head bands and flowers for a day time look. 
I really like the chignon bun and I will try to create other variations of it and use for my project. As it doesn't take a lot of time to create, it would be perfect for catwalk, but a very sleek look would go quite nicely in my advertisment, I think. 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar