subota, 6. veljače 2016.

Contour And Highlight | Makeup Practical

In this weeks lesson we covered natural contouring and highlighting...

Inspiration: 


Natural Makeup Looks 2015
Natural make up looks 2015
makeup-styles.net
Aug 21 2015
(source: http://makeup-styles.net/natural-makeup-looks-2015/
Accessed: Feb 6 2016) 
Natural Makeup Looks 2015

Natural make up looks 2015
makeup-styles.net
Aug 21 2015
(source: http://makeup-styles.net/natural-makeup-looks-2015/
Accessed: Feb 6 2016)

Natural Makeup Looks 2015

Natural make up looks 2015
makeup-styles.net
Aug 21 2015
(source: http://makeup-styles.net/natural-makeup-looks-2015/
Accessed: Feb 6 2016)

Products used: 

Moisturiser: Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Body Shop)
Primer: Matte (Illamasqua)
Foundation: 110 Ivory (Revlon) + 125 Natural Rose (L'oreal Infallible 24 Hour long lasting)
Concealer: D1 + D3 (Kryolan)
Powder: Translucent
Highlighter: Lumos (Illamasqua) + Soft and Gentle (MAC)
Contour: Heliopolis (Illamasqua) + Gel Sculpt (Illamasqua)
Blush: Lover (Illamasqua)



To moisturise the skin and prep the face I used a soothing moisturiser and a matte primer. I 
waited for about 5-8 minutes for the moisturiser to sink in, applied the primer and waited for another 5 then started with the foundation. My model wanted to do her own eyebrows before I started with the make up. I used a medium coverage foundation and then went over with some concealer to cover a few tiny blemishes that my model had. With a lighter concealer (two shades) I drew a like down her nose, the highest point of her cheek bones, above the yaw, on the chin, cupids bow, brow bones and centre of the forehead and blended it with the foundation. This way I created a base for the powder highlighters that I will use later. I also used a contour stick to create a base for my contour powders. 

No make up
Foundation + Concealer
Cream contour under cheek bone and jaw


After I've blended everything I used a translucent powder to set everything. Next I contoured, then used two different highligters on all of the places that I highlighted with a concealer. To finish off the look I used a pink blush on her cheekbones. After applying the blush I went over her forehead and nose and chin with the same brush just to make the skin look a bit more healthy. 

Powder Contour  + highlight
Final look

Final look

Final look

Final Look
(Created on: Feb 3 2016)


This time I used two different highlighters to really make the highest points of her face 'pop' but it still didn't show up on camera. I tried to take a photo in the studio but those lights completely washed out the colours (I didn't upload those photos). Then I went to the middle room to try and shoot against the black backdrop where the make up did look better. I took photos from different angles and you can see how important the light is and how it reflects from the makeup. In some the highlight is stronger, and in some the blush and in some the contour, which I like. 

I was really disappointed with what we did this week honestly. I was hoping Fenella would show/ teach us how to create a more dramatic look. 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar