nedjelja, 28. veljače 2016.

Reflecting & Planning | Week 6

Last week I made a list that consisted of my essays for the Contextual Studies unit and this unit, Beauty and the Brand. However, I didn't really stick to it as, trying to get all of my essays ready for the submition, I neglected my blog slightly. I did do a few posts that were on the list, I also did 1-2 post that weren't on the list but I felt they needed to be done. 

Here is the list, the ones that I have circled are the ones I haven't managed to get done...

Week 5 To Do list

What I really wanted to do this week was to put all my ideas down so that I can start developing them and creating my looks. 2/3 posts are up; "Initial Advert Ideas" will be posted tomorrow. But even after doing my posts I found it a bit confusing to keep up with every look so I decided to make spider maps. Each one has the category title in the middle; day looks are above the title and night under; hair looks on the left and make up on the right. I used colours to tell them appart. There is still room left on each paper so that I can add ideas as I go more indepth with each look. 

Editorial Spider Map
Advert Spider Map
Catwalk Spider Map


The make up (Makeup Revolution) and the book that I said in my last reflecting post have arrived so I am excited to start using them, I also purchased two foundations (Revlon) and a concealer and primer (Collection). 
The book, Make Up Your Mind by Francois Nars is absolutely amazing and I love how they explained each look and how they used the foil between the before and after images. Since I was really focusing on reading the books for Contextual Studies, I've managed to read only a couple of pages but it's on the top of my book list after I hand in that unit. 


Purchased products
Revlon + Collection
Purchased products
Makeup Revolution
Makeup Your Mind 
Front cover
Author: Francois Nars
 Makeup Your Mind 
one of the looks from the book
Author: Francois Nars


Lastly, the most exciting thing that happened last week, I've finally found the courage to step out of
comfort zone and helped with the makeup and hair at the Fashion Weeke in aid of Kos Kindness in Whinchester. I decided to do it last minute and the only reason I did it was because the looks they wanted for the show were simple, SS16 inspired. I was really stressed the day of the show but it went very very well! 
Last semester I loved wig making and thought I'd get into that side of the industry rather than make up but I feel like this project has made me fall in love with make up again! 
I will post more photos as soon as I get more photos from the photographer.

Look created at the charity fashion show
SS16 inspired
Whinchester

WEEK 6 'TO DO' LIST: 

Week 6 To Do list


There are still a few bits that I have to get done for my Contextual studies tomorrow and go through everything with Marianne on Tuesday. I will be doing some test shoots on Tuesday, and hopefully I'd catch Sharon to show her my ideas. As you can see from the list, this week I will be really focusing on my catwalk ideas and designs as I want to be prepared for next week. In Kat's lesson we will be practicing our catwalk looks for the assessement so I will try to have my final look before that lesson and then post everything by Sunday evening. 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar