ponedjeljak, 22. veljače 2016.

Reflecting and Planning | Week 5

As I am entering the fifth week of the semester I wanted to do a round up for myself and plan what will my next steps be. I make 'To Do' lists for myself every evening and try to organise my days. Yesteday was Sunday and that is the day I usually check what I've do throughout the week and make a list of thigs and plans that I have to do this week; blog, make up practice, etc. as well as essays and assignments for my other units. So I figured I might as well include this on my blog as it is all part of planning for this project and reflecting on the past week or so.
In week four we had to present in class what we've researched about our brand so far, trends, present initial ideas, etc. 
I kept my bullet points short and went more indepth as I was presenting. I was very nervous as I have a problem with public speach, however, I tried to look at the whole situation as just me talking to my friends about my chosen brand and ideas, which helped.

I started my presentation with a brief summary about who Francios Nars is and how he got into the make up industry and to eventually starting his own brand NARS Cosmetics. I then moved onto a few facts about the brand following the 5 P's; Products, Packaging, Presentation, Promotion and Price. I've included a few adverts, editorials (advertorials) and catwalk looks created by the brand in the past. Then moved onto the spring /summer 2016 make up trends which I supported with a few images of the looks that other brands had created, and added some images of catwalk shows where NARS did the make up such as Marc Jacobs and Thakoon. Lastly, I listed and supported with images hairstyle trends for this season. At the end of my presentation I showed four face charts that I have created so far for catwalk and I also had a sketch of my idea for my advert (I will post them in my 'initial ideas' and 'face chart' posts that I have yet to write). 

The feedback I got from Kat is that I should do more editorial research. I knew already knew that as I was having a hard time coming up with an initial idea for my editorial. Also, I haven't done any shoots yet, or chosen my models so that is another thing I need to start thinking about. 
I spent my weekend looking at different images in magazines and online (Pinterest mainly), watched a few tutorials on the NARS Cosmetics Youtube channel and created a few face charts. 
Yesterday (Sunday Feb 21) I got really inspired by different shell textures and reflections and I am having a lot of ideas coming up in my head regarding my editorials. Two days ago I have placed an order on the Makeup Revolution website and ordered eight products, including a strobing cream and an eyeshadow that has a foil effect so I am very excited for them to arrive as I don't really have any good products that have a iridecent finish.
Another thing that I am waiting to arrive is one of the books written by Francois Nars "Make up your mind". The book is filled with different make up tips and ideas and I am really looking forward to get more into the 'nars' mindset and get a better understanding of the artist and the brand itself. 

My timed assessment is in about two and a half weeks so that is what I really want to focus on right now. Sophie is my partner/ model. This week I need to start practicing and finding the products that will work best on the skin, as that is what the brand really focuses on. I will also be looking at different images and try to come up with a final face chart by the end of the week so that I have a clear idea of what I want to do by the start of week 6. 
I have so many drafts, ideas and things I want to research and add to my blog, however, because I have really worked on my blog for the past couple of weeks, I have pushed aside the unit for which I have a deadline soon - Contextual Studies. I really need to dedicate my time more to that unit this week, then once I'm done with that I will start my test shoots and further planning.

I am really enjoying this semester and the brief so far. The brand I chose is so up my street and the more I research the more I'm falling in love with it. I've tried a few of their products in the past but have never owned any and never knew much about NARS Cosmetics. One of my 'life goals' is definitely to work for the brand in the future. It would be amazing.

Here is the to do list. As you can see there are a lot of essays, but I will try to do as much as I can on my blog so I don't get behind.
I will post a photo of the to do list next Sunday to show how I got on with it, also post a new one for next week. 


My To Do list 
Week 5

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar