petak, 26. veljače 2016.

Lips | Makeup Practical

The feature that the focused on this week were the lips. We created a couple of nude variations; a matte lip without and with the lip liner and with gloss/shine, and we did the same with the red, plus a spring / summer 2016 inspired lip. 

I practiced on myself until someone was free for me to pracice on, since I didn't have a partner.

Nude lips

The aim of this look was to find and use a shade that is closest to the natural lip colour. 
I started by applying lip balm (Carmex) to my lips as they get quite dry in the winter.

no lipstick / just carmex

For the first look I mixed two shades from my Kryolan lip palette - LC003 and LC142 which are pinky nudes. My lip color in the image above looks a lot more red than it actually does due to the lighting but the mixture of the two looked very natural on my lips. I used a flat brush to apply the product.

Nude lip - no liner

Then I took the lipstick off with a wet wipe and lined my lips with a nude lip liner (Rimmel) and filled them in with the same shade I used in the previous look. I never overline my lips because I don't like them looking bigger than they are.
 It may not look like it's the same shade but that is just because I took the previous lip color off and my lips went red from it. 

Nude lip - with liner
Nude lip - with liner

Then to add shine I used the Shine Lip Mix by MAC and applied it using the same flat brush. By the way, I did use a spatula and put all the products on the back of my hand before applying them onto my lips.

Nude lip - with liner + shiny finish


Then I practiced on my model, Rachel. Her lips are extremely dry so I put a thick layer of Carmex and left it on for about 5 minutes then used a paper tissue to blot the excess, before appling the lipstick. 
The shade LC003 matched her natural lip colour and using my ring finger I to dabbed the product on for the first look. 

no lip product
Nude lipstick - no liner

I didn't take the product off, what I did next is lined her lips (with a liner that I borrowed from Fenella) then filled them in with the same shade using a flat brush.

Later I added the Shine (MAC) with the same brush for the shiny effect. 

Nude lips - with liner 
Nude lips - with shine finish


Red lips

Red is the color I tend to wear the most, and it is a bigSS16 trend, which is exciting.
For the first look I used my ring finger to dab a red shade from the Kryolan palette - LC009. 

Then I borrowed a lip pencil from Fenella, as I don't own any red lip liners, lined my lips and filled them in with the same shade of red. After that I added the shine. 

Red lip - without the liner
Red lip - with the liner
Red lip - with the shine

 A spring/ summer 2016 inspired lip that I did on myself was sort of a stained matte red lip that I saw on the images from the Dolce & Gabbana ready-to-wear fashion show. 
What I did was I just used a tissue to blot the excess product, then used another tissue which I placed on my lips and went over with a fluffy brush with translucent powder to make it look more matte. 

Dolce & Gabbana
SS16
Ready-to-wear collection
Article: Spring/summer 2016 beauty trend report: the looks to try now / Glamour Magazine
Author: Rebecca Fearn
Jan 4 2016
(source: http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/beauty/beauty-features/2016/1/ss16-beauty-and-makeup-looks-catwalk-trends/viewgallery/1483850
Accessed: Feb 24 2016)
SS16 inspired lip

On Rachel I used my ring finger and applied the shade LC008 (Kryolan) which is very similar to the one I used on myself. I dabbed the product in the middle of her lips only for the first look. 

Next I lined her lips with another lip liner I borrowed from Fenella and filled them in with an angled brush using the same lip colour. After that I applied the shine. 
Looking at the photos I literally can't tell the difference between the two looks because her lips probably just sucked in the moisture because they are so dry, and my camera combined with the lights we have in the studio can't always pick up on certain shimmers and shine. I promise the second photo and third weren't the same in real life

Red lips - without lip liner
Red lips - with lip liner
Red lips - WITH the shine

For the SS16 inspired red lip I chose to use the look from the MIU MIU catwalk show. The models had a deep berry lip with a purple toned lipstick in the middle of the lips. 
I decided to reverse this and mixed the Blue Lip Pigment (MAC) with the Lip Mix in Matte - shine would probably make the product 'bleed'. I used a very thin angled brush and started applying the product on her bottom lip, from the outer corners bringing it to the centre. I asked her to pat her lips together, so that the red and blue blend a little bit, but I also wanted to get the blue on the upper lips. Then I fixed and added the blue on the outlines of the lips and took it from the outer coners up her upper lip, too. I used my ring finger to blend the colours together as I wanted to create an ombre effect, but also make it look like it is slightly coming off. 

The Look: Goth Princess
How-To: Expect the unexpected, the quirky, the youthful—that's the motto at Miu Miu. Others wouldn't be able to make pigtails and a sparkly crown look anything but adorable; Miuccia Prada gives the headpiece jagged geometric detailing and leaves the screws exposed, then tops the look off with a moody plum lip stain, and suddenly it's  spooky.
Miu Miu 

SS16
Article in Harper's Bazaar: Best Makeup Trends For Spring 2016
Posted by: Thunell
Oct 30 2016
Photo by: Imaxtree
(source: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup/g6416/spring-2016-makeup-trends/?slide=38
Accessed: Feb 15 2016)
SS16 inspired lip
SS16 inspired lip
Model: Rachel Stonock 
(created on: Feb 24 2016)

I admit I am rubbish at applying lipstick on others. Actually, it's it's the lip liner that I struggle with more than the actual lipstick itself. Personally, I never use lip liners on myself and I have mastered applying the lipstick straight from the tube onto my lips. The reason why I never line my lips is because I have a scar on the left side of my bottom lip and due to that my lip is wonky. This means that, to get my lips even I'd have to over line my lips and I don't like how that looks on me. I don't know. Basically, I don't like using lip liners. 
I do have times when I do other people's lipstick and it looks great, but my hand tends to get really shaky most times. Even if I lean my hand onto the chin (with a puff under it) I just can't get my hand to draw the line where and how I want it to. 
Definitely need more practice.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar