nedjelja, 17. travnja 2016.

Reflecting and Planning | Last Week Before The Deadline

Where has the time gone? I can't believe it is already mid April, let alone the last week before submission, wow!

Last week I've practiced my editorial look and finalizing the looks. The ideas of the hairstyles and make up have been changing so much in my head. Now I finally have the looks ready for the shoot on Tuesday. Last week we did finger waves and I am really happy we had it. I did struggle with it at first but I really like the look of it and I will be using the technique in my editorial day look. 

I've posted a couple of posts that I started writing weeks ago but never got back to finishing them - the posts from the lessons we did with Kat. Also my technical file is all up on my blog, but I had only the masterclass to add to it, anyway. 
I've been playing around in photoshop as I had gotten an idea to apply overlays to my editorial images - I got the idea from one of Hermes' editorials. As you can see I put on the list to edit the catwalk looks, but I decided to leave the editing for after I've done all my shoots and most of the writing/ drawing out of the way. This way I will be a lot less stressed and not worry about other things.

The catwalk shoots went well. I had to adapt the hairstyle to my model's hair, but I really like the hairstyle. I decided to have two hairstyles for my final evening (Haute Couture) catwalk. I will be submitting only one look, the one I shot with Heidi, but for the imagionary catwalk show that I have in my head, there would be two hairstyles. The look I did on Heidi has one dutch braid on top of another, which in a way I can link to my editorial overlays if I decide to do them. I don't want to drift away from my brand.
The grade I got in my assessment is B2. I know it's a high grade, but I always try to aim higher. My feedback said that I didn't have enough notes, which is fair enough, I only had arrows pointing what goes where on both face and hair charts, and a list of products. I didn't have step by step notes, which I usually do, but I thought that arrows would be enough. Other thing that was in my feedback was that it took me longer to do the look than it would've been required, and I know, I spent a lot of time on the base as my model had a lot of scars and blemishes which I was trying to conceal, while keeping the skin as natual as possible. so I was applying, blending, applying blending, and well, spent too long. When I did Heidi's make up it took me a lot less time.

This is the list from last week:


Week 10 To Do list

This week I have one shoot left as I said, my editorial. I was really stressing about it last week, but now when I know exactly what make up products I want to use as well as the hairstyles that I am doing, I am not stressed at all. 
The catwalk Ready-To-Wear look I will be re-shooting on Wednesday because the concealer creased under my model's eyes and I didn't notice that until later, when I looked at the photos. I would rather re do it than have to Photoshop it, because if I was really doing a catwalk show, there is no Photoshop! 
The rest of the week will basically be editing all the photos and posting all the bits that I have to post such as the editorial shoot, project and brand evaluation (brand evaluation is not on the list I forgot to write it down), posting all the edited photos, etc. 

For the Freelance and Industry Managment unit my mock interview is on Thursday so I have to prepare for that, too, and make a logo which I haven't done yet as I couldn't think of a cool creative logo yet, but I will do it before the interview. 

And that is basically it. I am happy with the catwalk evening and both adverts that I have shot so far because they turned out exactly how I wanted them to (well, apart from the hair in the catwalk look). Three more shoots and then I'm only one step away from submitting. Last reflective post will be the project evaluation.

Here's the list for this week:


Last week before the deadline To Do list
Created: Apr 17 2016

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar