četvrtak, 14. travnja 2016.

Editorial Day & Night Test Shoots

I practiced and shot both of my editorial looks today. I shot beauty shots as I wanted to see how the make up would look on camera. The images look more like adverts then editorials (advertorials), but that is OK as when I do my other shoot the model will be dressed, wearing accessories and posing following the poses that I will show her. 


Evening Look 

Makeup products used: 


Moisturiser: Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Body Shop)
Primer: Primed & Ready Illuminating Primer (Collection)
Foundation: 150 Buff Chamois (Revlon Colorstay) + 002 Vanilla (Revlon Photo Ready)
Concealer: Lasting Perfection 01 Fair (Collection)
Highlight: Hypnotic Strobe Balm (Makeup Revolution) + white pigment 
Contour: Bronzing Summer (Kryolan)
Bronzer: Tan Liquid Glow (Seventeen) + Bronzing Sun (Kryolan)
Blush: Pink/ Peach/ gold (Hot Spice - Revolution)
Eyes: Fairy Godmother  (Sleek - Enchanted Forest 098) + Bronzing Sun (Kryolan)
Lashes: Hypnose (Lancome)
Brows: Medium to Dark Ultra Brow palette - chocolate brown brow wax/ pomade (Makeup Revolution)
Lips: lip balm (Carmex), Red Lip Pigment (MAC) + Shine Lip Mix (MAC)

Hair Products:

Styling Gel Spray (VO5)


First look I shot was the evening look as it requires dry hair, while the day look required wet. 
After moisturising and priming her face and lips I applied a sheer layer of foundation all over her face and neck, the shade I used was slightly darker than her skin tone. Then, with my fingers I applied the liquid bronzer in all the places that the sun would naturally hit her face as well as her neck, ears and a little bit on her shoulders and chest, too, and I applied the strobe balm on the highest points of her face. Then I used the powder bronzer (Bronzing Tan by Kryolan) and just went over all the bronzed parts and did the same with the powder highlight (white pigment). To finish off, I put some blush onto her cheeks, with a very light hand.
Next I shaped her eyebrows and moved onto her eyes. The colour I used was pink toned (Fairy Godmother by Sleek) and I used the same bronzer just to add depth to the eyes. Soft eyeliner and two coats of mascara, then I concealed under her eyes and in a couple of places that I thought needed more coverage. On her lips I used a mixture of the red lip pigment and shine lip mix (MAC).

I know that in my actual design I have a low pony tail but that look is designed for my model, Pepe Upton. Rachel has short fringe and doesn't really suit a low slicked pony tail so I went with this option, to make her feel more confident and, in both of our oppinions, better. I brushed her hair back then sprayed a few pumps of the styling spray, then combed all the flyaways and tucked her hair behind her ears. 

I used the Canon 550D to shoot both looks. For the evening look I used the soft box. First few shots were very exposed, so I completely turned down the power of the light. I also decided to add more bronzer as in the camera it wasn't as bronzed as I wanted it to be. I also applied another layer of the lip pigment, mixing it with a tiny bit of the shine lip mix. 

Before turning the power of the light down
Before adding more make up products
Before turning the power of the light down
Before adding more make up products
Before turning the power of the light down
Before adding more make up products






All images above:
After turning the power of the light down
After adding more make up products


I might keep the hairstyle like this and not tie it into a low pony, however I think my model would really suit it. It is hard to get a natural bronzed look with everyone being so pale after the winter so I need to make sure that everything is blended very nicely and that the lips are perfectly shaped. The eye make up will be the same for my final design. 


Day Look

Makeup products used: 


Moisturiser: Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Body Shop)
Primer: Primed & Ready Illuminating Primer (Collection)
Foundation: 150 Buff Chamois (Revlon Colorstay) + 002 Vanilla (Revlon Photo Ready) 
Concealer: Lasting Perfection 01 Fair (Collection)
Highlight: Hypnotic Strobe Balm (Makeup Revolution) 
Contour: Bronzing Summer (Kryolan)
Bronzer: Tan Liquid Glow (Seventeen) + Bronzing Sun (Kryolan)
Eyes: Eyes: Happily Ever After, Perla, Fairy Godmother + Grand Duke (Sleek - Enchanted Forest 098), white pigment + Vaseline
Lashes: Hypnose (Lancome)
Brows: Medium to Dark Ultra Brow palette - chocolate brown brow wax/ pomade (Makeup Revolution)
Lips: lip balm (Carmex) + 01 Cool Mint (Maybelline)

Baby Bed Time oil (Johnson's)

Hair Products:

Styling Gel Spray (VO5)
Water

Makeup wise, I took her lipstick, eyeliner and eyeshadow off. I applied clear gloss onto her lips and a mixture of eyeshadows (that are listed above) and white pigment in the inner corners of her eyes. I added multiple layers of mascara onto her top and bottom lashes and cleaned and concealed everything up. I though maybe I should give Vaseline another go as I though that the face might be too shiny with the product that I used next. At first it looked good but it mattified the eyeshadows slightly (as it did when I tested it on myself). I thought it would be OK but by the time I started shooting the products had completely moved and creased so I tried to fix it with my finger which took even more product off.
I used the baby oil to create a wet look by applying it all over her face, focusing on the parts where I highlighted earlier, as well as her neck and chest area. This oil smells SOOO good and makes the skin soft and lovely. I tested it on my hand with foundation,as you have seen in the post where I posted all of my face charts, however as there were powder products on her face it made them move but I blended everything with my fingers and it didn't look bad at all, on the contrary. 

As you can see, her hair is tied back this time, even though in my design all of her hair is down. Honestly, I thought that on Rachel this would look better as she has fringe, so I used them to frame her face. I used the same spray I used in the previous look to style the hair and water to wet the hair (obviously). 

This time around, when I got to the studio the soft box was taken so I used the beauty dish. It wasn't the case of using the beauty dish because the soft box was taken, I could have went to the studios on floor 0 and got another one, but I thought that with the wet look this lighting would work better as it is stronger than the other. And I was right, as you can see in the last couple of photos below, I was facing her to the side and having her look at the camera which then, with the fringe on her face, created a shadow, which I like and will use in my shoot. 












Editorial day look
Model: Rachel Stonock
(Both looks created on: Apr 14 2016)

I will change the eye make up in this look and keep everything else. I changed my mind and I don't want to use false or individual lashes because they will look too fake for a NARS inspired look.
 Pepe's hair will be all wet and down but I will create this kind of movement around her face, maybe even have a section falling down and hiding half of her face (as I did in some of my hair charts). I don't think that changing the hairstyle from what I had originally planned to this is wrong as these looks are also my designs. I decided to use them as they complimented my models face shape better.

What next? A lot of practice and preparation before the shoot, I have four days so I need to use them wisely! I will some of these photos, but I think the day look only, and edit them anyway just to see what it looks like with the palm tree overlays.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar