subota, 9. travnja 2016.

Advert Shoot

I posted A LOT of images from this shoot (I had 196 in total), and even though they are not very different, none of them are exactly the same as the light was placed differently, different settings were used as well as angles and backgrounds. I used the same camera as I did last time, Canon 500D. Poses are the same as in my test shoot, but the make up looks better (which is obviously why I shot the looks again).
NARS often has a combination of white and black images, one next to another, when advertising products (you can see examples throughout my blog and the research I've done so far). So I thought I could do one advert with black/ grey background and another with white. I am thinking of adding outlines but I have to see how it looks in post production. I would either use white for both so it might look like one image was placed on the other (for this I have to have a full image of her head, and not cropped). The other idea is to have the margins on the image with darker background white/grey and then the image with white background would have black outlines. This will add to the contrast between the two adverts.

So let's start with the advert for the highlighter. This time I didn't pile on as much product, but it came out just as beautiful. I started with the gray background (images 1-3), but then switched to black (images 4-10). Black blackground makes the highlighter stand out more, and I didn't like the shadows either.




Images 1-3

Fifth image
Sixth image



Images 4-10


The Red Lip Pigment by MAC isn't as pigmented as I thought. The first image below shows what the lip colour looked when it was applied on its own. My design had lip liner and Vaseline included so I didn't worry, I just wanted to take a shot to see what it looks like on camera. I used Vaseline this time because I think the reason that the lipstick went patchy in my first shoot was the gloss. The layer I had put probably wasn't even all over the lips and the camera picked up on that, and the gloss probably made the product move around. Vaseline worked so much better, and the liner, of course, prevented the products from bleeding. I will try to edit this image, too, just to see what I can do with it, and the variations I can create.

I started with the black (images 1-8) background as it was there from my first shoot, then I used white (images 10-27). 
In the 8th image I've used the cool toned (Flourecent Light) setting on the camera, to see what will the lipstick look like (image 9), then in the 9th you can see that I tried the warmer (Tungsted Light) setting (images 10-12). Just as I didn't like either of these settings in my first shoot, I didn't like them this time either. But I decided to change the background to white and try again. In images 12-14 I tried the Flourecent Light just to see if it will look any better with the white background - it did but it wasn't what I wanted, so I changed back to Tungsted light and I really liked it but it was slightly too dark (images 15 and 16). All the time I was changing the position of the beauty dish (light) but I didn't change its settings - so I decided to do that. In images 17-20 you can see how I was changing the power on the light as well as the settings on the camera. Then I found the perfect light (image 21). I honestly can't remember how strong the light was, but I had the Tungsted light and I thought it was too orange so I changed it AGAIN to the flourecent light (images 22-27) and I really like how the rest of the images turned out. There is still some editing to do to get the colours to what I want them to be but I lost the shadows that were appearing in the background, I guess because I changed the power of the bulb.

First image
 Second image
 Third image
 Fourth image
 Fifth image
 Sixth image
Seventh image
 Eight image
Ninth image
 Tenth image
 Eleventh image


Images 12-14
15th image 
16th image



Images 17-20
Image 21





images 22-27


Images I will be taking to post production are these below. I've chosen four very similar from the highlighter shoot, she is looking to the side and the light had hit her cheek bone perfectly. The background and the shadows under her chin, and the side of her face that we don't really see blend together very nicely and I will be making the contrast stronger and maybe even darken everything. I will smooth her skin in both images and get rid of the hair that is sticking out from the wig. I don't want to edit the photos too much as I don't want to make it look like it had been retouched. I don't agree with over-photoshopped images and I don't like how the industry sometimes gives out an unrealistic image of beauty. NARS is a company that really believes in women's natural beauty and their adverts and advertorials (and Nars' books) show and teach the audience how to enhance and not conceal our features and beauty. 




Adverts for the highlighter

As far as the lipstick advert goes, I really like the images shot from below and they are the ones I'd use (and will) for the idea that I sad at the beggining of the post - where one image would look like is on top of another because the highlighter image would have margins in the same colour as the background of the lipstick advert. The reason I've chosen images that are in the same pose as the images for the highlighter is that I will flip them so that both adverts face eachother. Thinking about it it sounds like a good idea. I can't decide anything before I start editing, which I will do tomorrow. 







Adverts for the lipstick
Model: Beth Kabuga
Images photographed: Apr 8th 2016

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar