nedjelja, 24. travnja 2016.

Mini Magazine Editoral Spread

I decided to create a short magazine spread out of the editorial looks that I had. I didn't submit these as my final work as, honestly, I am not 100% happy with the layouts. I used Photoshop to edit them as when saved on InDesign the quiality of the images was ruined and they looked pixelated in both the PDF file and after converting the file to JPG (I saved one image too see what it looks like). 

I used a white frame in all images, without having it on the side where the two pages come together. I put a SS16 Beauty section as I have seen it in the InStyle magazine and the title and writing I made up myself, apart from the TIP section where I put how to use the eyeshadows as that was taken from the NARS website. I decided to have pages 20-23, I started with 20 as it has been a year and a half since the brand celebrated its 20th birthday, this year it will be 22 and the next year and new collections will be here before we know it. 

In the first few test versions of the front page you will see that I put the models and my name as well as where the dress is from. Then I remembered to link the clothing with the brands that NARS works with so I put Thakoon for the blue dress and Tanya Tailor for the pink as those patterns reflected the designers best from what I've seen throughout my research this semester. I was changng the font, colours and text until I was happy with what I had.

In the title I put "Top Makeup, Hair & Fashion Trends You Need To Know" so in the look with the blue dress I spoke about hair and how to create the pefect slicked look with the Tony&Guy Styling Spray Gel, Then the second page is the day, beachy look where I spoke about the eyeshadows worn wet and in the last look is the dry version of the eyeshadows with the necklace. They also have descriptions about the dresses and the necklace.

You will notice that I have several versions of the first two pages but not of the other two, that was because by the time l got to the third layout I had an idea of what l wanted so I just placed all the text. 


First page
1st version
First page
2nd version
First page
3rd version
First page
4th version
Second page
1st version
Second page
2nd version



FINAL MAGAZINE SPREADS:




Looking at them all know, I probably should've used the image with the necklace as the front cover then use the other one for the dry version of the eyeshadows as you can see her eye make up better. Something weird is happening in the background and on her neck and face of the third page which is weird as it wasn't there when I was editing or looking at it when saved it as a jpg to my laptop so I really don't know what happened there (what is that???).
 That is why I didn't submit them as I don't think they are professional enough, but I really did my best to produce them in Photoshop. The hardest part is placing everything on the images proportionally as in InDesign you get double pages. I spent hours creating them and I really like them but I think that I can probably do a lot better than I did. 


Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar