srijeda, 20. travnja 2016.

Editorial Day And Night Shoots

Couldn't be more happier with how both editorial shoots went yesterday. The model was so easy to work with and we got two shoots done in 3 and a half hours and I got so many great images, it will be really hard to pick only two to submit.


Editorial Day

Face and Hair Charts:





Makeup Products used:


Moisturiser: Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Body Shop)
Primer: Primed & Ready Illuminating Primer (Collection)
Foundation: 002 Vanilla (Revlon) + Liquid Glow Bronzer (Seventeen)
Concealer: Bobbi Brown concealer palette + 01 Fair (Collection)
Bronzer: Bronze (Rose gold - Revolution)
Highlight: White pigment + baby oil
Eyes: Pure Platinum (Foil Finish - Revolution) + Shimmery baby blue (LaRoc)
Lashes: Black (Lancome)
Brows: brushed upwards
Lips: clear lip gloss (Maybelline) 

Hair Products used:

Gel, mousse, water + hairspray

First I prepped her skin - moisturiser + primer, then started with her hair as it had to set. I used a water bottle to spray her hair wet, applied gel all over her root area, as well as mousse, then wet the hair again. I ran my fingers through the rest of her hair and scrunched it to get more texture and beachy look. I created a messy, slight side parting and started with the fingerwaves. I used couch roll to put between the clips and the hair, but, obviously the tissues got wet from the hair - but there were no lines when l took them out which is great. I've put 8 waves into her in total. I hairsprayed her hair then moved onto the make up.

messy finger waves
messy finger waves


I mixed the liquid bronzer with foundation and just one drop of baby oil and applied it evenly all over her face using a beauty blender and my fingers. A bit of bronzer and highlighter and the skin was done. She has beautiful skin with a warm undertone so I didn't need too much bronzer as I did when I did Rachels make up in my test shoot, for example. The blue eyeshadow really brought out the her under eye circles and the blue veins she has as her skin is very thin. That is why I applied concealer last. Blue eyeshadow all over her eyes was applied first, then the white highlight in the inner corners and just lightly accross the lower lash line, then the silver metalic eyeshadow in the centre of the eye. I let her curl her lashes and apply about 5 coats of mascara. Then I concealed and blended everything. For the wet look I applied baby oil with a soft flat foundation brush on her cheek bones, forehead, nose, cupids bow and chin. I also used the oild to set her brows as I bushed them upwards. On her lips I put a bit of the clear gloss. I also applied the bronzer on her ears, neck, collar bones and shoulders, and the bably oils on all of those places as well as her chest and arms, to complete the look. 

We took some test shots to see what the lighting looks like - it looked best with the power of the light turned down completely and I used a beauty dish. Then I took the clips out, sprayed a bit more hairspray and styled the hair with my fingers. I asked her to leave her earings in as they are silver and go nicely with this look, but they also looked elegant with the evening look.

Test shot
Test shot



















With so many beautiful images it was hard to narrow down my coice but these are the images that I chose as my favourite. Most likely I will crop out the bikini out of the image.







Editorial Day look (all images above)
(created on: Apr 19 2016)


Editorial Evening


Face and Hair Charts:



Make up Products used: 

Moisturiser: Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Body Shop)

Primer: Primed & Ready Illuminating Primer (Collection)
Foundation: 002 Vanilla (Revlon) + Skin Glow Tan (Seventeen)
Concealer: 01 Fair (Collection)
Bronzer: Bronze (Rose Gold Blush Palette - Makeup Revolution)
Highlight: Rose Gold (Rose Gold blush palette - Revolution)
Eyes: Skin Glow Tan (Seventeen) + Rose Gold (Foil Finish- Makeup Revolution)
Lashes: Black (Lancome) 
Brows: nicely groomed
Lips: Lip balm (Carmex) Under My Spell 105 (Rimmel Lip Liner) + 10 Cool Mint (Maybelline clear gloss)

Hair Products used:

Spray Gel (VO5)


With this look I started with make up first (which I actually shot first, but I'm putting in on my blog second as it is the evening). I prepped her skin, applied the base and concealer. Since the liquid bronzer goes onto her eyes, I did her eyes first, as the rest of the face products are powders. I applied the bronzer all over her eyelid, then took a bit of the product with a small brush and applied it on her lower lash line. The Rose Gold, mixed with the primer that goes with it, I applied with my ring finger on the centre of her eyelids. Lashes were curled and one coat of mascara was applied on top and bottom lashes. Then I applied bronzer and the highlighter. On top of the lip balm (which was applied at the same time as moisturiser and primer) I lined and filled her lips with the lip liner, then, just a drop, of clear lip gloss was applied on the centre of the lip to make it look more plumped. Lastly, I applied bronzer on her collar bones, neck and shoulders.

I brushed her hair and sprayed the spray gel all around her hair line, to avoid any flyaways. Then I brushed it all again into a low pony tail, not having the hair going straight back, but keeping a slight side parting, as my design on the hair chart shows. 

We tried on both dresses and they both fit her very well. I don't know which images to choose to be my final as l like images with both dresses.As I said in the 'Editorial Makeup Practice' post, I think the blue dress might be a bit more suitable for the evening, but I am leaning towards the second dress as I prefer the poses a bit more. I will take the photos to Kat tomorrow and see what she thinks, I've showed the images to quite a few people and a third of them told me to use the blue, third said to use the pink and third said to go with the necklace and pink dress, so I really can't decide!

























Editorial Evening look
(All looks created on: Apr 19 2016)


These are my favourite shots of my evening look:








Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar