ponedjeljak, 25. travnja 2016.

Project Evaluation

For this semester's Make Up and Hair unit our project was focused on beauty and fashion. We had to choose a make up brand from the list we were given, to research them in depth and to come up with six different looks that sum up the essence of the brand and link to the current spring summer 2016 hair and make up trends. The six looks were devided into three categories; advertisment, editorial and catwalk. Each of the three are different, yet they all link together and go together hand in hand.

At first I could not decide between two brands, Revlon and NARS, but after researching both briefly I have decided that NARS was the brand for me because of everything that it stands for and the great artist and founder, Francois Nars. Personally, I am not one for high coverage foundations or the 'Kim Kardashian' contouring. I prefer more natural make up looks where the skin is even and fresh looking and can breathe through the base and I like to focus on the eyes and make them stand out the most.

Wishing it was summer (in Frebruary) I got highly inspired by all things tropical and holiday; Abalone shells expecially, which are irridecent, shiny, metalic and colourful. That was the biggest inspiration and theme behind my editorial looks.
As I have a high interest in wigs and wig making I used a wig, which I braided and weaved. In a way it looked like a thatch hat that you would wear as Sun protection in summertime. The idea was to use it to accentuate the parts of the face where the products I have chosen to advertise are meant to be applied, a highlighter and a lipstick.
For my 'Haute Couture' catwalk look, that I created in the assessment, linked to the editorial and Abalone shells with the metalic eyes and glittery hair, while the dutch braids in the hair linked with the adverts. As most of the catwalk looks created by NARS are the 'no make up', very natural looks, I used them as inspiration and created my own version of it keeping the make up minimal and the hair natural.


I tried to practice as much as I could and shot my looks a couple of times. The hardest part, as usual, was to find models, and I really struggled with finding a model for my catwalk looks are people backed out. Never the less, I practiced, did test shoots and am very happy with the execution of my ideas in the images I have created. I tried to post as much as I could on a regular basis so I do not fall behind on work, which was successful, and I was trying to be as reflective as I could throughout. The post production took me longer than expected and I spent the past three days glued to the laptop, editing, but I am very happy with myself and the final outcome.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar