subota, 16. travnja 2016.

Editorial Test Shoot | Testing Overlays

I don't have my final editorial images yet as I am shooting on Tuesday, however I wanted to test out the ideas that I had on the images from my test shoot. 
I found several palm tree wall papers in high resolution and placed them over a couple of images. I was combining black and white editorial images with coloured overlays to see what I like best. 

In this first one I used this wallpaper below. I used the clone stamp tool just to correct some imperfections on her skin, but I didn't really spent too much time on that as this isn't going to be used in my final work anyway so instead of focusing on her skin and smoothing it I was focusing on the way wallpapers look on the images. 



Palmtree Wallpaper
no information on the image

In this first image I've put the palm tree image on the 'Soft Light' setting and turned down the opacity of the wallpaper to 55% and just placed it over the image. I qute like how the blue from the sky created sort of a mask around her eyes. However the shot that I want to use in my actual editorial will be at least mid lenght. 
After placing the wallpaper I've clicked on the 'Auto Contrast' setting on the image from my shoot so she doesn't get lost under the wallpaper. 


Editorial day look
Image from test shoot
1st edited image
(edited: Apr 16 2016)

Leaving the opacity at 55% I switched the setting of the wallpaper to 'Darken'. I prefer this to the image above as the darkness makes it look quite mysterious. Because I am doing an advertorial rather than just editorial, I need the eyes not to be as hidden as I want the eyeshadow to stand out.

Editorial day look
Image from test shoot
2nd edited image
(edited: Apr 16 2016)

Obvioulsy this isn't the best image, as it has the beach, but I used the right side of the image, just to see what it would look like. 

I have applied all the same settings to these two images below as I did on the images above. Although this is an interesting idea for me to do, I don't think it goes with the brand. I was thinking to maybe cut out palmtrees but have them in the background, so that it isn't covering my model's face. I don't think that this goes with my brand, but when I do my shoot on Tuesday I am planning to take not only close ups but mid lenght and maybe even kneelenght so I will have plenty of room in the background.

Sunset Wallpaper
no information on the image found

Editorial evening look
Image from test shoot
1st edited image
(edited: Apr 16 2016)
Editorial evening look
Image from test shoot
2nd edited image
(edited: Apr 16 2016)

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar