nedjelja, 17. travnja 2016.

Editorial Makeup Practice

Today I practiced both day and evening editorial looks on my house mate and I am very happy with the results. I followed two of my face charts that I had created prior and I will use both of them in my shoot on Tuesday. I don't have the final hair chart for the day look, I will be trying out a couple of ideas on my doll head tomorrow. The evening hairstyle is sorted; a low slicked pony tail with a slight side parting.

Day Look

Face Chart: 




Products used: 


Moisturiser: Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Body Shop)
Primer: Primed & Ready Illuminating Primer (Collection)
Foundation: 002 Vanilla (Revlon) + Skin Glow Tan (Seventeen) + Baby oil (Johnson's)
Concealer: 01 Fair (Collection)
Bronzer: Bronze (Rose Gold Blush Palette - Makeup Revolution)
Highlight: Hypnotic (Strobe Balm - Makeup Revolution)
Eyes: Perla, Grand Duke (Sleek), White pigment + Pure platinum (Foil Finish- Makeup Revolution)
Lashes: Black (Lancome) 
Brows: /
Lips: clear lip gloss (Maybelline) 

To create a wet, bronzed look I mixed the foundation with the liquid bronzer and a 2-3 drops of baby oil. A little bit of bronzer on her cheek bones and forehead  and a bit of strobe balm on high points, then l moved onto the eyes. I started with a blue shimmery shade all over her eyelids, then I moved onto creating depth; darker shade in the outer corners and white pigment in inner to brighten up the eyes. Silver metalic eyeshadow was applied in the centre of the eyelid, close to the lash line. She doesn't like mascara as she never wears make up so I applied a couple of coats only from the top. I didn't get the lift I wanted but I won't have this problem with my actual editorial model whose lashes I will curl, too. I concealed under her eyes after the eyes were completed.
Clear lip gloss all over the lips was applied with my ring finger which added a nice shine to the lips. To add more of a wet look I used a soft foundation brush, dabbed into baby oil and applied on all the places where strobe balm was applied. 

Base, blue all over the lid + darker shade in the outer corner
Base, blue all over the lid + darker shade in the outer corner
Eye before applying mascara
Eye before applying mascara
Eyes after applying mascara
Final look - before adding baby oil

As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I don't have the final look yet and tomorrow I will be practicing it. For this look I used only a comb and water, which is the alternative if the ideas I have tomorrow don't go as planned. If I use this look the hair will be wetter and gel will be used - I didn't have gel at home.

Final Look
Final look
Final look

To really show the final look, I took a video in which the shine can really be seen: 

Editorial Day Look
Video of final look



After this practice I think that the eye make up is a bit too dark so I will use this face chart here for my final look. It is more or less the same look only with a different eyeshadow base, and has white pigment in the inner corners of the eyes.

Final Editorial Day face chart



Evening look

Face chart used:


Final editorial evening face chart

Products used: 


Moisturiser: Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Body Shop)

Primer: Primed & Ready Illuminating Primer (Collection)
Foundation: 002 Vanilla (Revlon) + Skin Glow Tan (Seventeen)
Concealer: 01 Fair (Collection)
Bronzer: Bronze (Rose Gold Blush Palette - Makeup Revolution)
Highlight: Rose Gold (Rose Gold blush palette - Revolution)
Eyes: Skin Glow Tan (Seventeen) + Rose Gold (Foil Finish- Makeup Revolution)
Lashes: Black (Lancome) 
Brows: /
Lips: Under My Spell 105 (Rimmel Lip Liner) + 10 Cool Mint (Maybelline clear gloss)

After preping the skin and applying the base (fundation, concealer + Glow Tan), I used powder bronzer to give her skin an extra glow.
I just lightly filled her eyebrows in and shaped them. In the final look I will not use brow products as my model has nice brows. All over the eyes I applied the glow tan with my ring finger, then deluted the Rose Gold eyeshadow with the primer that comes with it, to get more of a shimmery look rather than metalic. I applied it with the same finger to the centre of her eyelid then applied just a little bit of mascara. The lips I lined then filled with the same pencil, then applied the gloss for a nicer looking finish and to avoid having the dry lip look.








I decided to use this face chart with the pink/ plum lip liner as I thought it would go better with the Rose Gold Foil Finish eyeshadow. And I was right, it looks really good, however, I will apply the lip liner on top of lip balm, which I forgot to put on this time. The lip balm will also make the product just a little bit less opaque, then I'll put a bit of the gloss on the centre of the lip. 


Regarding the clothing for both looks.. in the day look she will be wearing a strapless bikini top, however l am planning to crop it, and have more of a close up for a day look and then a mid shot for the evening look as she will be wearing one of these dresses below. As we haven't had a chance to meet before the shoot and try the clothing I will bring both dresses and we'll se which fits her best. She said she varies from sizes 6-10 depending on the brand and style, these both dresses are size 8 so hopefully one will fit. The blue dress has some kind of embroidment which I think links very nicely with the editorial day make up look, and look a bit more as an evening dress. The other dress reflects the editorial evening make up more, but it is more of day, beach dress, rather than evening. That dress I will pair with the necklace which was made by  my mum. It has the abalone shell on it. It wasn't made for the editorial, but I thought it would be really cool to have it in one of the shots. 

necklace with abalone shell
bikini top for editorial day look


Outfits for editorial evening

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar