petak, 29. siječnja 2016.

Introduction To The Brief

This semester we will be focused on the current make up and hair trends for catwalk, editorial and advertising and creating a day and night look for each of the three categories. The project is for my Make-Up and Hair for Fashion and Beauty unit and consists of a portfolio and a timed assessment.

The portfolio has to contain 6-9 images that I will create throughout the next two to three months (images will be edited in our IT lessons).We were given a list of brands to choose from: Illamasqua, YSL, Dior, Tom Ford, MAC, Nars, Lancome, Revlon, etc. After I've chosen a brand I have to research its background and history, look at different looks they've created for various projects, shoots and catwalk shows and understand their style as well as products, product packaging, how they promote and present themselves and who is their target audience as well as their price range. When I get a rough idea of what is the style and 'statement' look of the brand I've chosen I will start creating face charts, hair chart and coming up with the concept of my photographs, find models and places where I want to shoot. All looks have to be very current - spring/ summer 2016, so I also have to research recent trends, see what colours are in at the moment, etc, and incorporate all of that into my designs. Magazines will also be very helpful.
The assessment will, as usual, be two hours long and I will have to do both make up and hair in the given time. However, I can only choose between the day and night looks I create for the catwalk. Alongside the hair and face charts that I need to have, I have to create moodboards for the make up and styling and for the overall mood.

At the moment I am deciding between two brands: Nars and Revlon, but I am leaning towards NARS. I will have to research both brands then decide.
I am really excited about this project but at the same time I am worried because of the amount of looks we have to create. However, as they are all created with the influence on the same brand and trends it might not be as hard as I think. Therefore, I want to start my research as soon as possible so that I can decide on the brand and start thinking about the looks I want to create.



Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar