ponedjeljak, 18. travnja 2016.

Practicing Editorial Hairstyles

I feel as my editorial ideas keep changing so much over the past week or so. Wet hair is one part of my idea that hasn't changed. Messy, wet, beachy, slicked, with swirls around the face, as you have seen in my hair charts, but after we had the finger waving masterclass I have been thinking of using that technique, but I wasn't sure how to link it to NARS or SS16 trends, but I had completely forgotten the messy updo's that models had at Marc Jacob's fashion show. The hairstyle looked like some sort of big, messy fingerwaves. Another look I found while going back to the images of the show was the look that Marc Jacobs had at his AW16 fashion show. I know we are doing spring /summer, but NARS did the makeup for that show, too. I will be linking the editorial day hairstyle with the SS16 looks but would also like to include the AW16 look here as I think it is so beautiful.

Marc Jacobs
SS16
Photographer: Marcus Tondo
Vogue Article: Marc Jacobs Spring 2016 Ready-To-Wear
(source: http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2016-ready-to-wear/marc-jacobs#details
Accessed: Apr 18 2016)
Marc Jacobs
AW16
Lead Artist: Francios Nars
Posted by NARS Cosmetics to Facebook
Date: Feb 19 2016
(source: https://www.facebook.com/narscosmetics/photos/a.10153667111261387.1073741896.53590256386/10153667111516387/?type=3&theater
Accessed: Apr 18 2016)

I decided to go with the fingerwaves after I've created this look here, when showing George how to create the waves last Friday as he had missed the lesson. I showed him a couple of times, and the more I did it the better it looked so I though I will just do them in my final look.

finger waves 
Created: Apr 15 2016)

What I did in this practice was do the look, put the clips in, then take them out in a few minutes, take photos and re do the waves. I was doing them in different directions, mostly the same sizes, with hair in a low bun, braids twisted into a low bun or with beachy waves, haid down. The last two, three look with the hair down is actually one of the looks that I had done in my hair charts before. That looks is my favourite as it looks a lot more nautral and beachy and goes best with the makeup and brand, in my oppinion. I will be re-creating that look on my model, however she has really long hair and finger waves look best on shorter hair. Because I am doing a messy look and not really neat and defined waves I am pretty sure that it won't be an issue.

I used water and styling spray gel to create the looks.

For the first look I sectioned the hair into a middle parting then four waves on each side. The sides weren't very even and it didn't look right so I took the clips out and started again.

First try
First try
First try
First try

I did four waves on each side again. This time, after I've put the clips in I decided to plait the hair into two low plaits then I twisted them together into a low bun and pinned them at the nape of the neck.

Second try
Second try
Second try
Second try
Second try
Second try
Second try

Next time I created a low bun by twisting the hair together, same place where the bun in the second look was. I know that you are supposed to put paper to avoid having the lines from the clips, but since I was practicing and didn't leave the clips in for too long I didn't use the paper.

Third try
Third try
Third try
Third try
Third try
Third try
Third try


In this look I started by creating a few waves going from the hair line back, then a few on the sides too. I left the hair down. This and the following two looks are pretty much the look that I will be creating tomorrow in my shoot.

Fourth try
Fourth try
Fourth try
Fourth try
Fourth try
Fourth try

This was the same look but with hair pinned on the sides and top a bit more messy.

Fourth try - messy version
Fourth try - messy verison

Then I did the same hairstyle again...

Fifth try

Fifth try
Fifth try
Fifth try
Fifth try
Fifth try
Fifth try
Fifth try
 
And then lastly, this was the final look I had done, the waves are very defined, maybe even a bit too much. Nonetheless, I can finally say that I am really happy with the final design I have created for my editorial day look and I am looking forward to see what it looks like as a whole, with the model, make up and outfit. 

Sixth try
Sixth try
(looks created on: Apr 18 2016)
 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar